About the Role
This is a relatively new team. Our Test Leader is in place and we have five test analysts on board and contributing well. We now are seeking a further testers to fully staff up this supportive and much needed function.
Effectively we have a clean sheet of paper when it comes to defining our test strategy and testing tools and we absolutely want you to contribute to that process. On a more day to day basis, you will be working closely with like minded test specialists, who in turn, will be working with our developers, business analysts and project managers to deliver cutting edge software.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Working with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Software developers to define acceptance tests
- Creating and maintaining Test Plans
- Creating and executing test scripts in close collaboration with the development team
- Creating and executing automated regression test scripts
- Facilitating the execution of user acceptance testing
- Creating and manipulating data for use in multiple platforms
- Liaising with stakeholders to resolve defects
- Working closely with development teams to deliver a quality product
- Promotion of testing best practices and procedures
- Automation experience is key, we are looking to grow our automation test capability and would particularly welcome experience of automated api testing
- Selenium is currently used for our front-end test automation
- Experience of integrating automated tests into the build and deployment pipeline, TFS is used to manage our build and deployment pipeline.
- Ability to analyse and apply a pragmatic approach to testing
- Experience in breaking down complex designs into smaller more manageable areas to test
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL Server (we use MS-SQL 2018) is advantageous
- Some web-based testing experience
- Some exposure to the creation and running of manual and automated test scripts
- Practical use of Agile working practices is a helpful
- Experience of data warehousing, web platforms, e-commerce, and CRMs
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing or ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level qualifications are preferred though not essential
- Finally, we would love to find someone with Energy industry experience but it’s a nice to have and not an essential
Working at ENSEK
It’s probably better we just let our employees tell you what it’s like to work here.
‘It’s a proper team’.
‘No red tape’.
‘You can make things happen’.
‘The coffee machine is great and free!’
‘Everyone knows everyone’.
‘Professional but informal’.
‘There is a treat each month’
‘Great city centre location’.
‘There are loads of opportunities to do more than your normal job’.
‘Everyone gets a day off on their birthday!’